Sunday, January 15, 2012

I've got your nose!

Taneil Wilson is fabulous. Just sayin'.

Well the holidays came and went. I had a delightful Christmas, and was blessed to have 2 whole weeks off work to go home and be with my family. My niece is too adorable for her own good. I am addicted to her. It was so much fun to be able to spend so much time with her and get to know her. My highlight was when the room was full of people she didn't know very well. She was starting to get overwhelmed, looked around the room, saw me and lit up! Ran right over to me with a big smile on her face and said "Hi!" I love that girl. I can't wait to have another niece/nephew to play with next summer :) I guess it was nice to see my other family members as well haha. Sisters are a fantastic invention. It was another Christmas without Daniel, but he was in Alberta with his wife's family, which I totally understand. They don't get to see her family very often.

I didn't do much for new years... I rarely do. It's kind of just another day to me. I did spend some time with Kelly and Lauren, and they did drag me to a dance... which was lame as usual. But at least I wasn't alone which was nice. Definitely reminded me that I'm definitely done with the YSA scene here in Lethbridge.. which brings me to my next point.

I'm moving back to Ontario. Probably on March 3rd. Maybe a week later after all the other waitresses get back from their holidays. I'm very excited to be in Ontario. I'm excited to be closer to my family, to see what the change has in store for me. However I am absolutely 100% TERRIFIED to not be here any more. This move might be one of the hardest things I will ever have to do. There are a handful of specific people here that have made significant impacts on my life and it is going to be ridiculously difficult not to see these people on a regular basis. I don't let go very easily. I hate change. I'm already planning on when I can come back to visit. And who knows.... I might get to Ontario and hate it and wish I were back in Lethbridge. If that happens, who's to say I can't come back? But I feel like this is something I need to do/try for at least a few months. I'll live with Faith and Rainer for awhile. I'll get to play with Leah ALL the time, and be there when the new baby comes :) It's going to be a good experience for me. But like I said... I've never been this scared before. I know it's gonna hurt like hell for awhile. It already does.

Last week at church, a girl got up to bear her testimony and talked about a time when she lost her job, and didn't see how any good could from from it. Well lo and behold, she found a better job and has had better experiences because of it. She basically went on to say how hard times strengthen us for the future. I need to go through this right now in order to be prepared. Otherwise, the future would probably kill me!! I guess this could mean that the worst is still to come, but at least it also means that this is all for a reason. I just have to make it through.

Sleep time.

P.S. Taneil Wilson is still fabulous. Just sayin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment