Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bollocks!!

Well...  I have a job!! I had an interview yesterday and was hired today at a new pub opening up in Pickering. Bollocks pub and kitchen. It's a 20 min drive away... could be more convenient, but I can't afford to be picky. I'm actually really excited to start working there.  The owners seem really nice and I'm pretty sure they'll even give me Sundays off.  I just can't wait to be making money again. I miss having a wallet full of cash from waitressing :)

Things are going alright here. Leah is great. We get along great! She calls me Sa. Close enough :) I'm starting to get to know the other people in my branch.  The girls are harder to get to know than the boys. The boys are much friendlier and curious. Most of them seem very young though. But hey, I'll be friends with anybody!

I still miss Lethbridge with all my heart. At my job interview, they asked me what I liked best about my last job and I almost teared up. I miss my co-workers. They were my family, and I love them.  I miss my soulmate Taneil.  She is one of THE most beautiful people, inside and out, that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I miss my Kelly, Lauren, Cody, Jared, Lindsay, Tyrell, etc.  I am blessed to have had them all in my life. I already can't wait to go back and visit.

I tried to go to the temple this past week. Drove an hour only to find out it was closed. And the drive back was ridiculous... stupid rush hour. However, even just being there helped. I sat outside and stared at it for about a half an hour. I felt the love of my Heavenly Father. He knows I'm struggling. He knows it hurts. He also knows, however, that I'll be ok and that the best of life is still to come... and he made sure I knew that. I'm so grateful.  It doesn't take away the pain of missing some very important people, but that's ok. It's normal to miss people you LOVE LOVE LOVE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment