Saturday, March 17, 2012

Onnnnntario.

So... I'm here. I'm back in Ontario, living in Whitby with my sister Faith. So far so good I suppose! My niece Leah and I have become fast friends. She seems to really enjoy my company. I come down the stairs and she smiles and says "Hi, guy!" Although she tends to call everyone guy... so I'm not really sure what it means. I still think it's cute :) I went out the other day and she cried when I left! She's definitely helped me make the adjustment.

I plan to start applying for jobs on Monday. I'm just looking for a part time waitressing job for now. I'll be taking the culinary program at Durham college in the fall, and I'm helping Faith out with Leah instead of paying rent, so I really only need 20-25 hours a week. It's nice being around family, and I'm looking forward to making new friends at work/church.... but my heart hurts being away from my loved ones in Lethbridge. The only pro is that I expected it to be this hard, so it hasn't really come as a surprise. But it's painful. I'm definitely hurting. Some days are better than others, but I definitely spend at least 90% of my days thinking about them. I'm sure I'll never stop thinking about them, and whatever job I may find will never compare to the job I had at Top Pizza, but I think that's ok. Lethbridge will always have a special place in my heart. I know I had to be there to meet certain people, and learn certain lessons. I guess I only hope that the hurt goes away soon... I do plan to visit in August. That helps me out when I start to get too sad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment