Saturday, June 20, 2009

The dangers of YSA dances...

So I went to a dance last night. It was actually pretty decent. It was outside, the music was plenty loud, and the song selection was pretty fabulous. The after party was a birthday party for my roommate's 19 year old sister back at our place.

However I ended this evening feeling older than ever! Here's why:

#1) The songs I enjoyed the most were at least 10 years old. For example, Destiny's Child - Jumpin', Beastie Boys - Intergalactic, Will Smith - Gettin' Jiggy Wit' it, etc etc

#2) I knew ALL the words to these songs... and some kids had never heard them before.

#3) A boy asked me to dance. I could tell right away he was a bit younger than me... He asked if I was in school, and I said I was finished. I asked him if HE was in school. He said he had just graduated! So I asked him what he studied and he said "no, I just graduated high school. I'm going to U of L in the fall for a year and then I will go on my mission"...... precious....

#4) As the birthday party took place upstairs, I was in the basement with a few other of the "older" folks listening to records. Some of the kids came downstairs as part of a game and couldn't wait to get back upstairs away from the "old people". I think they were shocked that we would enjoy sitting around reminiscing about the days of cassette tapes while listening to records.

I am officially in my "late twenties". I have to admit... a shed a tear that day... but now it's starting to grow on me. Now if only I could look a touch older so I don't have to embarrass anymore 18 year old boys with my "wisdom"...

3 comments:

  1. You're just too hot, Sarah. Those 18 year olds will find you!! Sounds like you had a good time anyway, despite hanging with the "old" crowd!!

    Loved your pizza birthday cake, by the way!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahha! Oh man. You're a cougar cradle robber! Stop making 18 year olds fall in love with you, you sexy cow!

    ReplyDelete